Monday, December 1, 2008

Houston Zoo



















Yesterday we made a trip to the Houston Zoo. We thought it would be really small, because it is located in Hermann Park which we drive by all the time and it doesn't seem to be a very big park. We were surprised by the size of the zoo once inside. It was so large, that we didn't even see everything. We skipped the birds on purpose, but we also missed the african elephants, the wolves, the zebras, and the deer. Our favorite animals were the two grizzly bears and the tiger. One really sad statistic we read was that there are more tigers in the state of Texas than there are in the wild. That is pretty depressing. I also made us watch the monkeys for a long time because they are so amusing to me. The zoo was a lot of fun and it was nice to spend some time outside for a day.

Today was a sad day because we had to drop Terry off at the airport and we won't see him again until Christmas. We had a great weekend though and hopefully the time goes by fast until we see him again. On Wednesday, Marjorie is going home to San Diego and my parents are coming out to Houston for a few days. We are looking forward to them coming out and hopefully Jason will be feeling even better by then because he'll have more chance to recuperate. We're not sure what we will do when they come out yet, but we will keep everyone posted.














4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Deb and Jason,
We loved the zoo pictures! It is so good to see Jason outside and getting some fresh air. We are looking forward to our visit. We can be really flexible and please use us to take care of errands and fix things around the townhouse.
We hope Marjorie has a good trip home as well. Love, Kathy and Joe

Becky said...

Fantastic photos of the animals! I am glad you had a chance to get out for the day. I am sending another batch of mail tomorrow...look out for it in a couple of days. Have a nice visit with Mom and Dad. I look forward to seeing Team Jensen at Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Team Jensen - thanks for sharing your zoo pictures, I loved them! I agree, tigers are the most beautiful animals in the world. So glad you had a nice day to get out. Marge, you did a great job on Jason's beanies. Marge, have a safe trip and enjoy your time at home for a few days. Glad you all had a great Thanskgiving. Now Jason & Debby get to do it all over again. Enjoy your family. Love to all.

Andrew Becerra said...

I loved the pics! Great camera person =) What are the cool orange monkeys called? Everybody looks like they had a lot of fun =) I love you guys and I cant wait to see ya'll and swap stories. Now I know either way that the statistic you provided is terrible, but don't you wonder how many Tigers are in Texas? I am also glad that all of them are in captivity, (the ones in Texas that is) because if they were not, can you imagine how many Texans would be out hunting them? ;P Love you guys =)