Friday, September 12, 2008

Houstonians VS. San Diegans





Here are two pictures to illustrate the difference between a Houstonian verses a San Diegan's hurricane preparedness. One of the windows in our bedroom is cracked, so unlike the people from Houston who board up their windows, we used electrical tape to try to hold it together. Wish us luck tonight...crazy Californians!

So far, we haven't had much rain at all and wind speeds are only at 30 mph. From about midnight to 2 am tonight we should get hit the hardest. There is a website where you can check your zip code and see projected sustained wind speeds. Our zip code shows 85 mph with possible gusts that are even stronger. We might be in for a wild ride. So far we still have power so we are fine. As long as the A/C is running and the TV works, we can handle this storm, no problem. We did already have a tree fatality on our back walkway. Marjorie says it was a Plumeria tree, they have one in their front yard in SD.

Jason is feeling a little better today compared to yesterday. He also lost another 3 pounds of water weight! As long as he improves a little each day, we are happy. He is eating well, and sleeping just a little more soundly each night. He is staying strong and keeping his spirits up. We couldn't ask for more.

We even made him watch a chick flick tonight which he good-naturedly endured for the sake of myself and Marjorie. I have the best husband in the world!!! It was actually a pretty good chick flick. Marjorie and I both recommend it. It is called "SWEET land" and is available on DVD. Very much a classic love story that women of all generations can appreciate. I'll let Marjorie post tomorrow and give you all the juicy details about our first hurricane experience.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay tied down & safe. Don't do anything stupid like the reporters are doing out there! Jason, keep getting stronger day by day. I'll blow down there soon! Take Care Love y'all

Becky said...

It is 10pm here, probably almost midnight there...the hurricane might be on its way this moment. I will have to find that website to see what's happening. I hope it isn't too bad. Stay safe and stay away from that window with the electrical tape! Jason - you keep getting better and better! We are really looking forward to seeing you.

Becky said...

I was just watching weather reports on the Weather Channel website....it looks like a big one. Good luck! Stay away from the windows!!!!
I hope your power stays on and you avoid the flooding where you are. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I just got off work and am watching weather there and thinking of you. Batten down the hatches!!! Hope you don't get too much damage, let us know your okay as soon as you can.

Becky said...

Wow hurricanes and chick flicks - that sounds tough. Glad you re safe. At least the freeway will be quiet for a while! Stephen

Unknown said...

I am in Atlanta at Lockeheed Martin and we have seen massive gas prices and heard stories from others on the situation down in TX. I hoe you guys are safe, Ike has been pounding TX pretty hard. I hope Jason feels better as his kidneys functions return to normal. My best to nurse Debby and the Jensen family. Stay safe.