Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bio Chemo Recovery

Hello Everyone,

Its been a while since I've last posted, and I'm, sorry, but this is the first I've felt good enough to sit behind a keyboard and talk. When they say "recovery period" they really mean it. It seems I'm taking longer than I anticipated to get back to even 80% this time.

I'm scheduled for a number of tests and a meeting with my doctor on Monday, then I'm to be admitted again for round 2 of Bio Chemo therapy. I don't think I'll be close to fully recovered from the 1st round come Monday and that kind of makes me nervous. A positive side is the Bio Chemo seems to agree with me more than the IL2 did. I still have the nausea, extreme fatigue, joint pain, and an addition of 30 pounds of water weight, but over all it went smoothly. I felt much better during the week Chemo that I did during the IL2. I still receive some IL2 but a much smaller dose so my body handles it better. My biggest problem during this recovery is the pain in my legs and other difficulties I'm having because of the leftover water weight I can't seem to shake off.

Debby's sister Becky and her husband Stephen are coming out tomorrow to visit over the weekend. It will be nice to have some company while I'm felling good enough to get around a bit. Hope they don't mind the movies because that's about the extent of my moving around. They just missed our latest storm, our county was on tornado watch which was interesting. I don't think I've ever seen so much lightning, plus a couple times it seemed to hit just right outside our windows.

That's all I have right now, I hope to post a couple more times before it's back to the Chemo.

Thanks again for all your kind words everyone,
Jason

4 comments:

Joe said...

Hey Jason. Good to hear from you. We hope you keep getting healthier before the next round. You are in our thoughts all the time. Hope you and Deb have a good visit with Stephen and Becky. Our condolences on the loss of your uncle. We send condolences to all the extended family, too. Look forward to hearing from you again, soon! Love, Joe and Kathy

Anonymous said...

Jason

Hoping your next round of chemo is easier than the last and every one gets easier. Looking forward to a time when you come back to work.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason.
So I am just now getting caught up on everything that you and Debby have been up to. I received an email from Deb about a week ago. I had no idea you guys were in Texas or what was going on. Based on all of the posts I have read, it looks like it's been quite the "adventure". I am happy to hear that you are feeling better today. I'm sure Nurse Debby has been taking amazing care of you:) I will be sending as much healthy energy your way as I possibly can.
I look forward to seeing you both again sooner rather than later.
Janis

Anonymous said...

I am soo glad you are finally feeling up to posting :) Cant wait to see you guys, love and miss you lots. If there is any special request of things to bring with me, just let me know.