Thursday, December 18, 2008

Generous Friends and Family!

We have the most wonderful friends and family. Packages have been arriving all week and we have gotten the nicest gifts. We got a ton of these Livestrong mugs from Kristy which is perfect timing for when our families come to visit, because we weren't equipped with enough mugs. There are tall mugs with lids and fat shorter mugs that are great for morning coffee or tea. We absolutely love them!


We also got 2 care packages from family members. Jason's Aunt Carol send us our favorite potato chips from Ohio and we heard a rumor that some delicious cheese is on its way...we are so excited.

Jason's Aunt Kathy, Uncle Bob and cousin Raylene sent us a huge box filled with Christmas decorations, candy and ornaments. This is a picture of the beautiful wreath that Kathy made herself. MD Anderson had an auction of Christmas wreaths and we discussed purchasing one, but Kathy's wreath was much prettier than any of the ones we saw at the hospital. Our Christmas tree is now full of the cutest ornaments...and we now have some decorations to put up around the house. It now feels like Christmas at the Jensen Houston townhouse thanks to the Becerras!!! We even got two Santa hats that you can decorate. Jason and I will work on decorating them and will take a picture with them on once they are finished.

Marissa sent us an amazing manger scene to help us get in the Christmas spirit. The box was huge. We couldn't believe she had sent a whole manger scene! It came the day after the army men, so we were cracking up when we read the card and it said the army men were to protect Bethlehem since it can be a dangerous place.

This is the display I made for Jason's army men. The sign says "160 Million Spartans Unite!" This will be what Jason's T cells look like when they let them loose in his body to fight the cancer. The cancer doesn't have a chance!

And finally for Marissa's benefit, here is her vision of the army men protecting Bethlehem. We could only spare a few, the rest have to represent Jason's T cells.


Jason has his appetite back so we are hoping that he is gaining some weight back. He is still having a lot of trouble with his legs, mostly from pain and swelling. We have been taking multiple short walks each day and each time we try to go just a little bit further, but it has been pretty tiring for Jason to get around. Marjorie has been really busy shopping and getting everything ready for our visitors. I have been trying to help, but at the same time spend as much time as I can hanging out with Jason, since that is the most important part of my day. He thinks I run around too much, I guess I take after my dad a bit in not being able to sit still for too long. So I've been trying to sit back and just enjoy the day when I can....a good lesson for all of us during this busy and sometimes stressful time of year! The most important thing is just spending time with family!!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Debby - the army men protecting Bethlehem are hilarious! That gave me a good laugh tonight. I also like your display of "Jason's T-cells". They look like a formidable force. I am looking forward to our visit next week. I am happy to help with the decorating. Marjorie, please don't go to too much trouble getting ready for us.

Joe said...

Hi Jensens! I agree with Becky. The photos are both cute and funny. Only four more days and we will fly in to help you celebrate Christmas. Many of our friends have you in their prayers too. Jason, I will bring a bigger supply of poker chips for Texas Hold 'Em games. Also, a few extra dollars you can win from the in-laws... Love to you all. Joe and Kathy.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are going to have a Great Christmas with all the goodys everyone is sending and having the Stradley's there too!!! We will miss all of you guys sooooooo much on Chritmas Day!!! We love the pictures! Have fun decorating and playing Texas Hold 'Em with Joe, don't forget what a Pro he's become!!! Love Ya The Wood's