We would like to thank everyone for the kind words they have posted on the blog about Jason. We love to hear how much he meant to each of you and how much he will be missed. We feel the same way…we feel empty inside without him and this loss is going to have a profound effect on us all for the rest of our lives. He was the love of my life and my soul mate…and now he will take on a new role as my angel. He will look after me, his mom and dad, and everyone that he cared so deeply for during his short but amazing life.
It looks like we will be holding his Celebration of Life ceremony on February 1 at 4 pm. This is Super Bowl Sunday, but frankly we don’t have a lot of options because the facility we would like to use is very busy, so all I can tell you is to set up the DVR so you won’t miss the game. Jason was never a huge football fan so I know it wouldn’t bother him to throw his party on this day.
We would like to put together a video montage for the funeral and we would like to ask everyone that has pictures, either digital or hard copies, that we might not have, to send them our way ASAP. We really need to get these by this weekend because the company needs them quickly in order to get the montage done in time. So please either email or mail them to us (disc or hard copies are fine).
Please use the following address:
Terry Jensen
125 Mankato St.
Chula Vista, CA 91910
greatdane48@gmail.com
In lieu of flowers, my sister Becky is starting a Jason Jensen Memorial Fund to help offset medical expenses and funeral costs. Jason has put three years of blood, sweat and tears into the renovation of our condo and I treasure it so much because of all the fond memories and good times we had together there, so I am putting my best effort into not losing it because of outstanding medical debt. His Memorial Fund will be set up at North Island Credit Union and donations can be mailed or dropped off. Becky should have the account set up by Saturday. She will post the address and details on the blog. An alternative option is to donate to your favorite cancer charity in honor of our beloved Jason. We have also written an obituary and we will let you know when it is to be printed in the Union Tribune so you can get yourself a copy.
Sending my love to you all,
Debby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
On a side note Debby, I hope you get a chance to start the loan modification process on your guys condo. That will drastically reduce the monthly payments and they could take a big chunk off the actual balance. They are doing it for ALL undervalued mortgages, you just have to call them. I hope you are doing well and holding up okay. I will see you soon.
Also, where is the Celebration going to be taking place?
Tell Terry to expect a package of 3 DVDs that Brian burned copies of: a "Sarah" DVD (Jason appears in about the last 20 minutes of the DVD from when he and Debby came to visit us in Minnesota), Sarah's baptism (with Jason and Debby as Sarah's Godparents), and Jason and Debby's wedding. The package was mailed either Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.
We would dearly love to be there with you for the "Celebration", but at this time we are doubtful that we will make it. We are thinking that we may make a future trip to California when the kids are older and more suitable for a cross-country plane trip, and when things aren't so chaotic for Marjorie and Terry to host us. (Unless Terry is finally able to convince Marjorie to move to Ohio when he retires.)
--Amy and Brian
Debby,
Deven and I are still in shock over Jason's passing. Many tears have been shed in the Hansen household. I would like to offer our guest room (it's a full size bed, and we have cats) if a friend or family member needs lodging in order to attend the celebration of Jason's life. Just let Dev know though e-mail. Also, if anyone needs transportation either from the airport, or to the service itself, we can assist with that as well. Please know our hearts and thoughts are with you and your family.
Hi Debby and Jensen family, My parents and I are at a loss for words. Jason has been a great friend to the Eusebio clan, and we are missing him soooo very much. I'm pretty speechless right now... Jason has been a great man and awesome friend, even though he found pleasure in teasing me :). He will never be forgotten.
Love,
Dennis, Bob, and Yao Eusebio
Hey Debby, it's Dino...sorry it took so long to contact you, but ever since I heard what happened, I just couldn't find the words to tell you and your family how I feel, and I still really can't. All i can say is that Jason was like my long lost brother. The 7 or so months when I lived with you guys was the best time of my life. Jay will be missed, but never forgotten...Beth, and the guys in the band send their condolences as well...You are in my prayers.
Post a Comment