
Jason’s Visualization of His Immune System Fighting the Cancer
I’m not as good at this as Debby and Jason are, but I’ll try. It was a long day, but a little easier than we all thought it was going to be.
Jason had his intravenous tubes put in – he said it actually wasn’t too bad – they drugged him pretty good. Then he had to go down for x-rays to make sure it was in right.
We then saw Dr. Kim again to get Jason checked out one last time before getting admitted, a two and one half hour wait. Then we headed back to the dreaded diagnostic lab to get more blood taken - five more tubes - because he’s participating in a research study to find “different protein expressions and how they influence interleukin 2 as a melanoma treatment (Debby’s words of course). It won’t help him, but it will help future patients. And at Debby’s request they’re going to check if we can get the results of Jason’s study that we can compare with preliminary study results.
When we finally found Admissions, they couldn’t admit him until after 7:00 tonight so we came back to the hotel for a few hours to relax.
Marjorie and Terry
6 comments:
Eeek so much bloodwork, well not too bad of a thing, I love that whole hazy sleepy feeling I get after donating a few barrels. Sounds like everything is going along real well, get some rest.
Jason, I hope you sleep well in the ICU and maybe through most of this week. Debby, you make sure you get some sleep, too! Ask for a bed or cot if you stay there. A chair is just not comfortable enough for a full night's rest.
P.S. That is a good visualization!
Love you hugs and kisses from all of us! :)
So many tubes, so little time. At least you have a clue as to what to expect. Best Wishes as the treament progresses. I am thinking of you always. The rest of you - try to get some sleep too. Jason will be well cared for - waking at 2:00 am, 3:00 am, 4:00 am. etc. I know you don't get much rest there, but at least you can hope! Love to you all.
I am Jason's auto-immune system.
Post a Comment