Looks like the long day at the hospital yesterday payed off a little. The doctor gave me a new prescription, an anti-inflammatory, something they wouldn't give me before while they were checking for infection. The new drug seems to be working, I'm not walking normal yet and stairs are a bit difficult, but it's only the first day on the medicine and I was able to make it out to the movies.
Tropic Thunder was the picture Debby and I dragged my Mom to this time. Needless to say, the two of us found it to be hilarious and overall a good movie....Mom not so much. One cast member surprised all of us. It's not hard for me to dislike Tom Cruise on many different levels, but his role as a deranged, eccentric, out of control, over-weight, and hairy movie producer made it hard not to like him, he did a great job. We all thought he did it to get liked by the public again, but who knows.
Other than the movie that's pretty much the extent of my day. Still dealing with some pain, trying to help out when I can, but mostly spending my time planted on the couch, in my new PJ's and slippers, watching TV or playing the PSP or 360.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
It's nice to have you posting messages again, Jason. I'm glad the pain is not as bad today. I hope you feel even better tomorrow.
It is good to have the movie review, too. I think Stephen would probably like Tropic Thunder so we will have to go see it when he gets here.
I'm glad the anti inflammatory seems to be working! And glad to hear you got out of the house, Jason. Hope the next few days are better and better.
Looking forward to our visit and
checking out your townhouse and the
hospital.
Jason - glad to hear the pain is letting up a little! Keep trying to walk a little. I don't think you're Mom will adjust to your movie styles anytime soon. Brian and I have a hard time agreeing on a movie. He brought home 'Flight of the Concord' and said he knew I wouldn't like it - he was SOOO right. Best wishes for Fri & Sat and days thereafter. Love ya'll.
Glad to know you are doing better, I hope this means you can start moving about more.
I have heard nothing but good reviews from Tropic Thunder we a are going to check it out this weekend.
Great to hear you're feeling better and getting out to the show.
Am hearing you guys have a chance of thunderstorms next few weeks... enjoy that excitement!
I can't wait to see you guys either... 2 1/2 more weeks :)
Yea, deffinately hate Tom Cruise & his spaceships. But his performance was great and when that over played radio song came on, and he started dancing, i just about died from laughter. Downey is also on my hate list, but he did a suprisingly good job as well "Farming Lead".
Also, stop being a wimp and enter one of those handicap marathons or something to get some exercise & a shiny trophy.
I'm happy you are feeling better! I can only imagine what everything must be like, the pain and all. Hehe, remember, no pain no gain! I'm jealous, Chinese takeout, man I've been locked in my cubicle for the past few weeks and only get stale m&m's or fritos that fall on the floor from passersby. Sorry I haven't posted for awhile, I have been swamped here at work with our new SIP PBX which is sweet but has posed its issues with our Cisco's and I had to do an emergency drop in on our core firewall because the primary had failed. I thought I would throw in some work Jargon for you jason because sometimes it's nice not to feel out of touch, and I know there aren't many turbo-nerds surrounding you right now. Anyway, feel better, get some rest, and play me in Rock band or GH, lets setup a time! Hugz!
For the record, that's "Flight of the Conchords"
Post a Comment