Today Jason received his third, fourth and fifth doses of Interleukin 2. The doctor told him this morning that he had about a day and a half to go for this first round, which would be 8 treatments. The 3rd and 4th went well with little discomfort. Tonight the 5th was not the same story. He had bad chills and nausea. The nausea was the worst so far. For us the bad part was that we could not be there to help. They gave him the medicine at about 5:30. We had to leave at 6:00, (they kick all visitors out between 6:00 and 8:00, both A.M. and P.M.) He didn’t start to get a reaction until after we were gone. His reaction did top out just after we got back so he had us there to help with the worst part. When Marjorie and I had to go he was beginning to feel a little better, nausea way down but sore all over.
While we were ousted we used the time to go to Sonic Burger – a first drive-in experience for Debby - and then the new townhouse. We are now happy renters.
The new address for the next three months is:
After Debby and Marjorie took their first class for intravenous catheter care, Debby went back to the hotel at noon to get cleaned up and take a nap (the chair does not sleep all that well) and to pack. We move in to the townhouse tomorrow. Debby will get back to submitting items for the blog when Jason gets home.
Joe, we want to wish you a very Happy Birthday! Another Leo!
Carol, you thought
Mom & Dad

3 comments:
So glad you have a permanent address. Bet it feels good to have a 'home' for a little while!! Debby, can't believe you haven't been to a drive-in - isn't it nice to go back to the 20th century for a little while. I grew up with no TV, no colered photos, etc. - BUT did have drive-in's - sometimes waitresses were on roller skates. In fact, Staff was part owner in a Root Beer drive-in for a while. J - hang in there! Are you ready to buy the oversized (Texas) truck with antlers on the side? Hmm, maybe the huge belt buckle will have to do. Marge & Terry, take care of yourselves. Maybe you can find Debby a cherry phosphate & a lava light! Take care, ya'll.
It will be nice for you to have a semi-permanent place to stay. I hope the worst is over for Jason this round. We will have a nice dinner out with Becky and Grandpa this Saturday for Joe's birthday. We think about you guys all the time. The blog is a nice way to
keep in touch.
Kathy and Joe
Hey guys -
Finally have a sec to BLOG comment. Hang in there Jason... almost thru round 1. Also glad to hear you guys are moved into the Townhouse - going to be much better than hotel. Now that I have an address for you, I'm going to send you guys a few things :) I also got the final approval from the boss-man to come out Sept 15, so my southwest ticket is bought and I'm all set for the Houston Experience. I wish I still had the night light Buddah from the Christmas party to give you for the Townhouse, but its in Temecula somewhere... I betcha I can find one at Urban Outfitters :) He he he...
Anyhow, Debby & Marjorie keep up the fantastic work you guys are doing out there.
I'm looking forward to seeing you all. If there's anything I can bring from San Francisco when I come let me know - get me a list :)
Post a Comment